TRENDS / ageing populations
case study: japan's ageing population
CASE STUDY: SWITZERLAND'S AGEING POPULATION
- Describe the changes to Switzerland's population structure.
- Explain the factors responsible for this change.
- Describe the changes in old-age dependency ratio between 1990and 2010. Refer to data in your answer.
- In groups, create a mini-lesson teaching about a case study of youthful and ageing populations
- The 'lesson' should be 15 minutes long and include:
- Population pyramid of the country
- Short explanatory video
- News article
- A selection of learning activities
EXAM STYLE QUESTIONS
- Describe the population structure of Switzerland (4 marks)
- Explain the socio-economic impacts of Switzerland's ageing population (6 marks)