Environmental degradation is the deterioration of the environment through depletion of resources such as air, water and soil; the destruction of ecosystems and the extinction of wildlife.
Agro-industrialisation or industrial agriculture is the form of modern farming that refers to the industrialised production of livestock, poultry, fish and crops.
- Read pp 92-94 HL Book (Guinness).
- List the characteristics of this type of farming (p 92).
- Name 3 global areas where agro-industrialisation occurs (p 93)
- Read pp 94-97 HL Book (Guinness)
- List the main environmental impacts of agro-industrialisation.
CASE STUDY - PALM OIL IN INDONESIA
why is palm oil found in so many products?
international production and consumption of palm oil
- Describe the global supply and demand of palm oil. Your answer should be in the form of a short paragraph and contain named places and data
environmental impacts of palm oil
PRACTICE EXAM QUESTION