USA STATES GEOGRAPHY
USA STATES QUIZ GAME
- Click on image on right
- Display pin
- Go to kahoot.it
- Enter pin displayed on board
- Practise your USA state knowledge
THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION (NBA)
EXPLAIN THE HIERARCHY OF THE NBA
NBA stands for National Basketball Association and NBA team is a tribute bestowed on the finest players in the basketball league, that is followed in each NBA season. NBA team hierarchy will enlist all the teams that take part in every league of the NBA season.
These teams are broadly divided into two parts – Western Conference and Eastern Conference. These groups are further sub-divided into divisions.
These groups & sub groups cannot be classified depending upon their power or authority since they all have got equal rights and power. Thus, there cannot be various levels among these teams. However, these can still be arranged in a systematic manner in a hierarchical format to understand the exact arrangement.
- Write a summary of the paragraph above.
- Study the hierarchy diagram. Make your own version.
- Answer the exam question:
"For one named sports league you have studied, describe the hierarchy of its teams. (4 marks)"
FACTORS THAT explain THE LOCATION OF NBA TEAMS
Here we are trying to explain why teams are located where they are.
Proximity to Competing Teams
maps that explain the location of nba teams
Explain the location and distribution of the NBA teams.
Focus on and divide your work by the following factors:
- population density
- socio-economic factors
- cultural and historical factors
- government and private investment
- proximity to competing teams
Referring to a national sports league you have studied, explain the factors that have determined the home location of its teams. [6 marks]
Answers will vary depending upon the sport chosen and its context but must examine a sports league of national importance. Factors are likely to include:
- population density,
- socio-economic factors,
- cultural and historical factors,
- government and private investment, and
- proximity to competing teams.
There are other valid responses that should be credited.
Award up to [3 marks] for each factor that is well-explained. A wider range of factors can compensate for less depth. A generic answer, or one using an inappropriate example, should not be awarded more than [3 marks].
NBA: team location & residence of supporters
- Explore the distribution of supporters for three different NBA teams using the webpage above
- Take screen shots of interesting patterns
- Import them into a document
- Describe the distribution shown
- Suggest reasons why they are distributed in this way