1. Write a description of Thailand including a selection of information from the infographic above.
Develop your cartographic skills. Include maps in your work and exam answers. Use pencil to identify and name the key geographic features. Add a title, key, compass and scale.
Capture the map using screenshot and annotate using an app such as Skitch. Add these to one, named document. Share task if necessary and save maps in class folder.
Draw a black and white sketch map.
Locate and mark:
- Chiang Rai
- Koh Tao
- Borders and border countries
Overview and context
- Read Thai tourism: a short history and describe the historical context of tourism in Thailand.
economic importance of tourism to thai economy
GDP (total value of goods and services)
ECONOMIC IMPACTS OF TOURISM
- Download and save this edited document to your device
- Define direct and indirect contribution to GDP
- Take screenshots of 5 interesting data sets and incorporate them into a presentation or document
- Present this to the class, or:
- Write a paragraph summarising the importance of tourism to Thailand's economy
CASE STUDY: Adventure TOurism in Chiang Rai
CASE STUdy: sex tourism in pattaya
Case study: dive tourism in koh tao
Create a 10 minute presentation providing an overview of the impacts (socio-cultural, economic and environmental) of one type of tourism in Thailand.
Types of tourism:
- Adventure tourism in Chiang Rai
- Sex tourism in Pattaya
- Dive tourism in Koh Tao
- Map and description of location
- Overview and importance of this type of tourism to the region
- Positive impacts - socio-cultural, economic, environmental
- Negative impacts - socio-cultural, economic, environmental
- Evaluation of the impacts. To what extent is tourism positive?