- Watch and name the key issues facing global population (IGCSE Book // 29-31)
The arrangement, or spread, of people living in a given area.
Population density is a measurement of population per unit area; it is a quantity of type number density.
Total Population / Area (km2)
510, 072, 000 km2
7, 256, 490, 011 pop.
41, 277 km2
8, 121, 830 pop.
17, 098, 242 km2
142, 423, 773 pop.
- Calculate the population density for the places above. Show your calculations.
global population distribution and density
List reasons for population distribution (areas of high and low density) under three headings:
PHYSICAL ECONOMIC HUMAN
skills - Describing distribution and density
high density (x per km2) low density (x per km2)
even distribution north/south/east/west clustered
densely populated sparsely populated
- Complete worksheets 1.1 - 1.3
- Stick sheets into your notes
- Read pp 29 -31 iGCSE Book (Population density and distribution in Botswana and Canada)
- Take detailed case study notes for each country
- Include data and specific information