In pairs, draw a picture to explain how the Internet works. Explain this to the class.
global undersea cable network
- There are 277 undersea fibre optic cables in the world today.
- These cables carry 99% of all international communications, including Internet and telecom traffic.
- They span a total of 986,543 km.
- Briefly explain, with the aid of a diagram, how data travels around the globe
- Note 3 facts about undersea fibre-optic cables
- Read pp 43-46 HL Guinness book
- On a blank world map, label facts and data about Internet usage worldwide
history of the internet
- Summarise the main factors influencing the growth of the Internet
intensity of use at a national or global scale
map showing global facebook friend connections
Guinness Textbook / 43 - 47