natural vs. human causes of climate change
- List the different causes of climate change in two columns
history of atmospheric CO2
environmental consequences of climate change
- Read pp 152-155 Patterns and Change Book
Annotate an A3 world map with effects of global climate change
Access the resources below and add to your world mp
other resources - cLimate change impacts
podcast bbc radio 4
Explain two possible environmental consequences of global climate change. [3+3]
The consequences may be at any scale and there are many possible answers.
In each case, award [1 mark] for identifying a valid consequence with a further [2 marks] for two distinct points in the explanation, one of which could be exemplification.
Possible consequences include:
- rising sea levels [1 mark] due to thermal expansion [1 mark] floods lowlands [1 mark]
- melting ice / Earth’s albedo reduced/increased intake of solar radiation / warms climate further
- increased temperature of oceans / greater incidence of tropical storms / devastation caused by hurricane Sandy in Haiti, Cuba
- melting ice releasing freshwater into North Atlantic / shuts down ocean / may lead to falling temperatures in Europe.
Other possibilities: extinctions, moving biomes, bleaching of coral reefs, desertification, etc.
Core Book // pp 54-56