Brainstorm and list the ten most popular countries as destinations for tourism.
Number them 1-10 according to their popularity.
Check your ideas against the map below. How many did you guess correctly?
- Read pp 271-273 IGCSE Geography Book
- Define leisure and tourism in your notes (p 271).
- List and illustrate the reasons for growth in international tourism (p 273).
national tourism industry
primary tourist resources
- the pre-existing attractions for tourism or recreation (that is, those not specifically built for the purpose), including climate, scenery, wildlife, indigenous people, cultural and heritage sites.
secondary tourist resources
- attractions for tourism and recreation built specifically for tourism and recreation e.g. accommodation, catering, entertainment and shopping
- For a country of your choice, create a presentation about its national tourism industry.
It should include:
- An overview of the data concerning tourism for your country.
- A selection of images showing the main primary and secondary tourism resources.
- Examples of positive and negative impacts of tourism in your country.