ICT stands for information and communication technologies
society considered as a community of citizens linked by common interests and collective activity.
what is civil society?
- Read pp 48-49
- Summarise and illustrate the four interpretations of global civil society as proposed by Anheier, Glasius and Kaldor (p48)
- Draw Fig. 5 - the eDemocracy conceptual model
- Research and present examples of one of the main types of civil society groupings as proposed by the UN (p48/49)
TECHNOLOGY & the arab spring
- List examples of how technology assisted the Arab Spring
- Make a simple timeline of key events, places and people in the 2010 Arab Spring.
freedom of the press
- Describe the distribution of press freedom globally. Name regions and countries.