INTERNAL MIGRATION - CHINA
- Describe the pattern of inter-provincial migration in China between 1990 and 2005.
geographic impacts at source and destination
- Brainstorm costs and benefits of migration in small groups.
- Add ideas to your grid.
- Compare your ideas with the grid below. Add to your grid.
- Access the resources below about internal migration in China. Identify costs and benefits and add them to your grid.
- Read pp 49-58 Patterns and Change book (Guinness)
- Add costs and benefits to your impacts grid.
Economic and social costs and benefits of migration
- Describe the pattern of internal migration shown on the map. [3 marks]
- Briefly explain three positive socio-economic impacts that this migration could have for the provinces of destination. [2 + 2 + 2]
INTERNATIONAL MIGRATION - EUROPEAN MIGRANT CRISIS
Routes commonly used to reach the Libyan coast
Number of illegal border crossings in the first half of 2015
- Write a paragraph describing a route taken by migrants from two different source countries.