crude birth rate crude death rate total fertility rate natural increase
infant mortality rate child mortality rate life expectancy net migration rate
- Research and define the key terms above and write them in your notes. Highlight/underline.
- Copy table 1.6 into your notes
- Calculate population growth for Italy and Mexico
- Read pp 12-14 IGCSE Geo Book
- Copy table 1.7 into your notes
- Use the case study information for Australia and Bangladesh (p 14) to complete the table
COUNTRY PROFILE presentation
Create a presentation showing the population profile of your country of origin.
- A graph showing population in 1900, 1950, 2000 and 2014. You must make this.
- Data showing the birth rate, fertility rate and death rate. Calculate natural increase.
- The number of immigrants that arrived in your country last year.
- The top two countries from where these migrants came from.
- Why they left their country of origin.
- The number of emigrants that left your country last year.
- The top two destinations for emigrants.
- Why they left to go to these countries.
- Information on national population policy