- Read and summarise the article.
- Read pp 107-111 Guinness HL Book.
- Make notes on causes and consequences.
- Draw Fig. 7 p 111.
- Research, describe and explain the Basel Convention.
case study: e waste disposal, agbogbloshie, ghana, west africa
Describe the health and environmental impacts of working in this industry.
Draw a sketch map showing the location of Ghana and neighbouring countries. Locate Accra and Agbogbloshie.
consequences for health
further reading and notes
- Read e-waste: pp 115-117 Guinness HL Book
- Make detailed notes on these pages
practice exam question
"Polluting industries are relocated, away from developed nations, for purely financial reasons." Discuss this statement [15 marks]
Financial reasons evidently play a significant role in the relocation of polluting industries.
However, it is important to consider other factors in this response, including:
- Environmental considerations
- Political agreements (Basel convention)