- Read pp 17-19 Patterns and Change book.
- Highlight example phrases for describing pyramids.
- Make detailed notes.
When describing population structure from population pyramids focus on:
- number of dependents vs economically active:
- proportion of economically active (16-64) vs proportion of economically inactive (0-15 & 65+)
- gender balance / number of males vs females in each of the groups (young dependent, economically active, old dependents)
- ALWAYS INCLUDE DATA FROM THE GRAPH
Describe the population structure of this country in 2025 [3 marks]
Describe the population structure of this country [3 marks]
Can you guess what will be mentioned in this video summary of how population pyramids have changed?