sport: a physical activity involving events and competitions at the national and international scale with professional participants
recreation: a leisure-time activity undertaken voluntarily and for enjoyment. It involves individual pursuits, organised outings and events, and non-paid (non-professional) sports.
- Based on the definitions above, give examples of recreational and sports facilities.
- Conduct two separate image searches for "recreational facility" and "sports facility". Make a list.
- Colour code these to indicate where they might be found: village, town, city.
the settlement hierarchy
- Explore your local area using Google Maps or Google Earth
- Find and note examples of different settlements on to the worksheet above
- Annotate examples of recreational facilities for the different settlements