Secondary tourist/recreational resources
Facilities that have been built specifically for tourism and leisure e.g. accommodation, catering, entertainment and shopping.
Primary tourist/recreational resources
The pre-existing attractions for tourism or recreation (that is, those not built specifically for the purpose), including climate, scenery, wildlife, indigenous people, cultural and heritage sites.
venice & tourism
- Draw a sketch map showing the location of Venice in Italy
- Describe the location of Venice
- Research facts about tourism in Venice and create a factfile
distribution of primary and secondary tourist resources
- Using Tripadvisor (map view), research and plot the location of primary and secondary resources in Venice.
- Aim to have 5-10 for each topic.
- Use a different colour for each type.
- Describe the distribution you have mapped.
secondary tourist resources
primary tourist resources
TOURISM MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES
CONFLICT BETWEEN LOCAL RESIDENTS AND VISITORS
- Access the resources below and list specific examples of management strategies in Venice under the following titles:
- manage tourist demands
- maximise capacity
- minimise conflict between local residents and visitors
- avoid environmental damage
- Continue research online to find other examples of how this problem is being managed